SLSGB Surf Lifeguard
To provide a national qualification that meets international standards for professional lifeguarding for a Lifeguard who may be required to operate in surf conditions.
All prices include training resources, assesment fee & admin fees.
- Minimum of 16 years of age on the date of assessment.
- Minimum Guided Learning Hours – 40 hours prior to assessment.
- Be able to swim 400 metres in 7.5 minutes.
- 200 metres run in 40 seconds.
24 months from the date of the assessment, with the option of taking a Lifeguard proficiency test prior to the expiry date and every 12 months thereafter to maintain status.
1. Fitness Test & Releases
- Complete a timed swim of 400 metres over a measured course in a pool of not less than 25 metres in length, using a front stroke. A time of 7.5 minutes is accepted as the maximum time permitted for the swim. Complete a pool swim of 200m in less than 3.5 minutes. (This can be undertaken as part of the 400m swim, the first or second 200m of which should take less than 3.5 minutes).
- Complete a timed run of 200 metres over a measured course. A time of 40 seconds is accepted as the maximum time permitted for the run.
2. Lifeguard Skills, Knowledge & Rescue
3. Life Support
4. First Aid
- Candidates MUST complete Section 1 (Fitness & Releases) before completing Section 2 (Lifeguard Skills, Knowledge & Rescue).
- When the award is renewed, the candidate may complete the assessment one month prior to the expiry date of the existing competency. In this case the period of new competency will remain valid for a maximum of 13 months.