Congratulations in choosing Surf Coach International as your training provider. Gaining your Lifeguard qualification can be challenging but also a very exciting learning experience within your self development pathway. Lifeguarding awards increase your opportunities to work in your dream job and allows for successful candidates to work as lifeguards on British Beaches as well as in many countries worldwide. As well as working in beach lifeguarding, the qualification is a stepping stone to other careers in outdoor pursuits, rescue management and other emergency services.
Why chose Surf Coach International for your Lifeguard Qualification?
- Over 25 years experience in the Lifeguard Service
- Over 15 years working within Lifeguard Management, Training & Development - Internationally
- UK & SA highly experienced Lifeguards
- UK & SA highly experienced Lifeguard Trainer / Assessors
- Surf Lifesaving Great Britain Lifeguard Trainer / Assessors (SLSGB)
- Royal Surf Lifesaving Association Trainer / Assessors (RLSS)
- Surf Lifesaving South Africa Lifeguard Trainer / Assessors (SLSA)
- Our staff are all qualified Lifeguards and have worked Internationally
- Our staff have some of the most respected names in Lifeguarding in UK & SA
UK Lifeguard Training Locations
We are a South Devon based training centre located in Kingsbridge, S/Hams. All our UK water based training will take place at Bantham Beach; however we reserve the right to move to other beaches within the Kingsbridge area. The theory-based training will take place at one of our several prime locations within the Kingsbridge area. Information will be provided with course enquiries and bookings.
Lifeguard training courses in South Africa, Morocco & France
We also provide courses in France, Morocco, and South Africa and in any other international destination on request!
SLSGB & RLSS Lifeguard Training Courses - Important notice
Surf Coach International can advise you on which course is best for you. Although our RLSS and SLSGB awards are internationally recognised, we know they are not recognised in France, albeit your employer will have the last say in what qualifications they recognise, so please always ask your potential employer/s in advance. Although international lifeguard services will recognise your SLSGB or RLSS lifeguard award, they still reserve the right to set their own fitness standards.
Rescue and Lifeguard Awards
- SLSGB Surf Lifeguard
This is an international Surf Lifeguard qualification and with this award you can apply for surf lifeguard jobs. This is also a suitable award to accompany your International Surfing Association (ISA) L1 Surf Instructor award.
- SLSGB Beach Lifeguard
This course is an acceptable international pre-requisite to accompany your International Surfing Assioation (ISA) L1 Surf Instructor award. Not suitable for all lifeguard job applications.
- SLSGB Inland Waters Lifeguard
- RLSS National Beach Lifeguard
This is an international Surf Lifeguard qualification & also a suitable award to accompany your International Surfing Assocation (ISA) L1 Surf Instructor award.
Water and Industry Safety Awards
- SLSGB Surf Coach Safety and Rescue
This course is an acceptable international pre-requisite to accompany your International Surfing Assioation (ISA) L1 Surf Instructor award. The Surf Coach Safety Award is specifically designed for surf coaches who need to have a lifesaving qualification. It cannot be used to apply for beach lifeguard jobs
- SLSGB Inland Waters Safety Awarness Programme
Water Safety Support Awards
- SLSGB Surf Lifesaver
- SLSGB Beach Lifeguard Support